TayHollyWood avatar

As A Nicki Fan: Do you think its wrong for yourself or others to listen to other female rappers?

Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 4:12 PM By: TayHollyWood

As A Nicki Fan: Do you think its wrong for yourself or others to listen to other female rappers? Old or Present? I want real honest opinions, because to me this is really serious question.
TayHollyWood Bitch! " I Kill These Bitches With Sarcasm "

Replies to this posting

1. DANickster avatar

RE: As A Nicki Fan: Do you think its wrong for yourself or others to listen to other female rappers?

Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 4:29 PM By: DANickster

No because you gotta remember, Nicki isn't the only female rapper out there and she wont be the last. It might be touchy because you don't hear a lot of other female rappers on the radio and some people think they don't think we don't need to listen to any other rappers because we have Nicki Minaj. Rah digga, ill nana (foxy) and other rappers were Nickis inspiration to get to where she was.
    Basically what I'm saying is female rappers alone inspire other female rappers to get to their goal, so why not listen to them? Nicki got inspired by them.
    (Damn that was hard to explain!!!!!!)
    I mean a BT bruiser, dang lil mama u is such a loser

2. Markisha avatar

RE: As A Nicki Fan: Do you think its wrong for yourself or others to listen to other female rappers?

Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM By: Markisha

I listen to Lil Kim most of the time.. Lauryn Hill sometime, and a bit of Queen Latifah.
    AIn't nobody telling me its wrong, and it certainly doesn't mean I'm not "loyal" to Nicki..
    At the end of the day it all depends on your taste of music, feud between two Rappers shouldn't make you "stick" to one of them. I respect and love Nicki Minaj and everything she does, and she's always going to be a (First priority) for me.. if that's the right word.. but
    that doesn't mean I cannot listen to other Rappers.
    @Roman_Slays

3. TayHollyWood avatar

Re: As A Nicki Fan: Do you think its wrong for yourself or others to listen to other female rappers?

Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM By: TayHollyWood

DANickster wrote:
    No because you gotta remember, Nicki isn't the only female rapper out there and she wont be the last. It might be touchy because you don't hear a lot of other female rappers on the radio and some people think they don't think we don't need to listen to any other rappers because we have Nicki Minaj. Rah digga, ill nana (foxy) and other rappers were Nickis inspiration to get to where she was.
    Basically what I'm saying is female rappers alone inspire other female rappers to get to their goal, so why not listen to them? Nicki got inspired by them.
    (Damn that was hard to explain!!!!!!)
    I mean a BT bruiser, dang lil mama u is such a loser

Lol u explained it perfectly. I absolutely agree 150%

4. TayHollyWood avatar

Re: As A Nicki Fan: Do you think its wrong for yourself or others to listen to other female rappers?

Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM By: TayHollyWood

Markisha wrote:
    I listen to Lil Kim most of the time.. Lauryn Hill sometime, and a bit of Queen Latifah.
    AIn't nobody telling me its wrong, and it certainly doesn't mean I'm not "loyal" to Nicki..
    At the end of the day it all depends on your taste of music, feud between two Rappers shouldn't make you "stick" to one of them. I respect and love Nicki Minaj and everything she does, and she's always going to be a (First priority) for me.. if that's the right word.. but
    that doesn't mean I cannot listen to other Rappers.
    @Roman_Slays

I Absolutely agree with you barb. I listen to everyone. I got cassettes from waaay back. Female rap is my thing. My mom listened to alot of female rappers. I love everyone's diversity. But Nicki, its something about her that caught me the first time I every heard her. Idk I cant explain it.

5. Kevin Zolanski avatar

Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 6:33 PM By: Kevin Zolanski

No, a million times no! That question or statements like that, is overrated. Especially when someone on MPF says you aren't a true fan or it would be treacherous if you listened to Lil Kim's music. I'm just here for the music, the creativeness, and all that great stuff, BUT, I don't care for any beefs. I don't care what they do in their personal lives, it won't affect me listening to their music. Sure, I love Nicki Minaj as a figure as well, don't get me wrong. Nicki Minaj is the best girl to do this but just because someone's being bitter to Nicki, doesn't mean I have to hate, because you know, that's her experience with whoever, and especially if they have good music too. I'll listen to what I want. Another example, Rihanna and Chris Brown. Both are tremendous artists. Yes, Chris might of done wrong, and now Rihanna and him are back together - working on a record, so what! It's their personal lives.

And, I just want to say, I am ADDICTED to Lil Kim's 'If You Love Me'.
    "Holy shit, I'm perfect!"

6. TayHollyWood avatar

Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM By: TayHollyWood

Kevin Zolanski wrote:
    No, a million times no! That question or statements like that, is overrated. Especially when someone on MPF says you aren't a true fan or it would be treacherous if you listened to Lil Kim's music. I'm just here for the music, the creativeness, and all that great stuff, BUT, I don't care for any beefs. I don't care what they do in their personal lives, it won't affect me listening to their music. Sure, I love Nicki Minaj as a figure as well, don't get me wrong. Nicki Minaj is the best girl to do this but just because someone's being bitter to Nicki, doesn't mean I have to hate, because you know, that's her experience with whoever, and especially if they have good music too. I'll listen to what I want. Another example, Rihanna and Chris Brown. Both are tremendous artists. Yes, Chris might of done wrong, and now Rihanna and him are back together - working on a record, so what! It's their personal lives.

And, I just want to say, I am ADDICTED to Lil Kim's 'If You Love Me'.
    "Holy shit, I'm perfect!"

Amen to that! I asked because I was on twitter and a barb said she was listening to old Kim. She said she didn't like her but she just was listening to some old Kim. And the barbs went in on her. And she was trying to justify and example. I understood what she was saying. But other people weren't happy.

7. ChloeWannaMinaj avatar

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 6:10 AM By: ChloeWannaMinaj

Even though you don't hear much of them I wouldn't find anything technically WRONG with listening to another rap bitch's music. BUT if that person started insulting Nicki, that's where it would end.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    STOP! Now make that muthfucker hammer time....

8. RomansBestie avatar

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 9:49 AM By: RomansBestie

Everybody has the right to listen to whatever music they want. And if somebody doesnt like it, fine. But its not cool for somebody to belittle somebody else if they listen to something that they don't nessicarily like. and I mean this outside of female rap too. For example, I hate country music with a passion. But i wont put down anybody because thats what they like. I may tease them a little, but I'm not the "my way is the high way" type.
    Its crazy because there can be a bazillion male rap artists, throwing a lil bit of beef around to keep things interesting, and its fine to like both parties involved. But then in female rap because in truth there are only a few really prominent artists, its like; choose a side and prepare for warfare. I think every rapstress has/had something to bring to the female rap scene, even Kim. So of course its cool to listen to other rapstress', and we should respect everybody's taste and not jump on somebody because its not your personal taste.
    Personally, I listen to some Eve, Trina, and Missy. But in truth Nicki was the first one that I was left saying damn and the end of a song :)
    ~RomansBestie~

9. TayHollyWood avatar

Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:24 PM By: TayHollyWood

RomansBestie wrote:
    Everybody has the right to listen to whatever music they want. And if somebody doesnt like it, fine. But its not cool for somebody to belittle somebody else if they listen to something that they don't nessicarily like. and I mean this outside of female rap too. For example, I hate country music with a passion. But i wont put down anybody because thats what they like. I may tease them a little, but I'm not the "my way is the high way" type.
    Its crazy because there can be a bazillion male rap artists, throwing a lil bit of beef around to keep things interesting, and its fine to like both parties involved. But then in female rap because in truth there are only a few really prominent artists, its like; choose a side and prepare for warfare. I think every rapstress has/had something to bring to the female rap scene, even Kim. So of course its cool to listen to other rapstress', and we should respect everybody's taste and not jump on somebody because its not your personal taste.
    Personally, I listen to some Eve, Trina, and Missy. But in truth Nicki was the first one that I was left saying damn and the end of a song :)
    ~RomansBestie~

You hit it right on the nose!!!! Preeeach! Lol

10. RICOMINATI avatar

Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM By: RICOMINATI

I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with listening with more than one female rapper. It doesn't make you any less of a fan or anything.. I mean Nicki's recorded with Kim before about three times and I love them and all. Plus there's Tyga's female prodigy "Honey Cocaine" which I enjoy listening to aswell. As long as you support your artist no matter what there's nothing wrong.

11. TayHollyWood avatar

Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:19 PM By: TayHollyWood

Jayy Rico wrote:
    I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with listening with more than one female rapper. It doesn't make you any less of a fan or anything.. I mean Nicki's recorded with Kim before about three times and I love them and all. Plus there's Tyga's female prodigy "Honey Cocaine" which I enjoy listening to aswell. As long as you support your artist no matter what there's nothing wrong.

I agree completely. I like honey cocaine too. I like and listen to all female rappers. Each one is different, and each one has a completely different story behind them. But Nicki she's the one I think anybody can relate too, on different levels. Thats why she got the crown.

12. Hollydoee avatar

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM By: Hollydoee

From my Point of View. If I'm obssessed with a couple singers they r my main focus. I get a song tune in my head n listen to it on end
    baddest bitch in da game

13. SophieLewinski avatar

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM By: SophieLewinski

Im going to be honest here, the only female rapper I listen to is Nicki. However I dont think its wrong to like other rappers, as like others said she wasnt the first or she wont be the last rapper.

14. Lala_Zolanski avatar

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM By: Lala_Zolanski

Well, no. Think about it. If Nicki wuz honestly the only female rapper u listened to, that'd be a bit over the top, right? I mean I listen mainly to Nicki but sometimes I check out lil mama. I don't like Lil Kim cuz her raps give me nightmares. But it's good to have variations, right? And I make sure to not listen to the same Nicki stuff all the time. I check out her mix tapes and early albums and mash-ups. But as a True Barbie, Nicki's number one. She will always be the Young Money princess and she is a hairs width away from kicking Kim off the throne. She will be YMCMB's new Queen. Sorry if I offended anyone by saying listening to jsust nicki was too much. Ur right, Nicki isn't the first and she probably won't be the last.

15. PandaGazzum avatar

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM By: PandaGazzum

NOPE ( reasoning found in posts above ) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

16. Nicki Swift avatar

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM By: Nicki Swift

Not at all! Just because you like another female rapper doesn't make you less of a fan of Nicki. We all show our devotion in our own way.
    Nicki Swift

17. TayHollyWood avatar

RE: Re: As A Nicki Fan: Do you think its wrong for yourself or others to listen to other female rappers?

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM By: TayHollyWood

Lala_Zolanski wrote:
    Well, no. Think about it. If Nicki wuz honestly the only female rapper u listened to, that'd be a bit over the top, right? I mean I listen mainly to Nicki but sometimes I check out lil mama. I don't like Lil Kim cuz her raps give me nightmares. But it's good to have variations, right? And I make sure to not listen to the same Nicki stuff all the time. I check out her mix tapes and early albums and mash-ups. But as a True Barbie, Nicki's number one. She will always be the Young Money princess and she is a hairs width away from kicking Kim off the throne. She will be YMCMB's new Queen. Sorry if I offended anyone by saying listening to jsust nicki was too much. Ur right, Nicki isn't the first and she probably won't be the last.

Nicely said. She got the thrown. Kim didn't do half the shit Nicki has done.

18. TayHollyWood avatar

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 2:22 PM By: TayHollyWood

Nicki Swift wrote:
    Not at all! Just because you like another female rapper doesn't make you less of a fan of Nicki. We all show our devotion in our own way.
    Nicki Swift

We all show our devotion in our own way. ( loved that)

Newsletter Signup