rpfarrell avatar

HYPOCRISY of HOMOPHOBIC LYRICS on PINK FRIDAY

Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 11:39 AM By: rpfarrell

From Nicki's interview regarding the It Gets Better social movement:
"I encourage my gay fans to be fighters, and to be brave... I know that things always get better. I'm supporting you guys... And for the people who don't love you, they need help."
It is time to be brave and it is time for things to get better NOW. In the song Roman's Revenge, Eminem abruptly cuts in with some thoughtless and hateful homophobic remarks. Roman's Revenge should be BOYCOTTED by the LGBTQQIA community until an album as empowering as Pink Friday denounces homophobia altogether.

Replies to this posting

1. KurtIsGaga4Minaj avatar

RE: HYPOCRISY of HOMOPHOBIC LYRICS on PINK FRIDAY

Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 2:05 PM By: KurtIsGaga4Minaj

I notice that too, but the thing is that was Em, Not Nicki Minaj.
    And em prob didn't even mean it he prob just needed to make his point with his rap. Look at Ke$ha's song"we r who we r" she talks about being who you are and accepting it but then later on in cannibal there is a song called"grow a pair" which she bashes a guy for being to much of a chick and how he should basically man up(so much for being we r who we r) but like i said before i don't think the artist means it , they are just trying to make a point its now like they are promoting it or anything.

I love Nicki, Gaga, SashaFierce

2. Roman&Shady avatar

Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM By: Roman&Shady

Em uses the word fagot in a different way, hes not dissing gays
    Pink Friday 11/22/10

3. RecceMinaj avatar

Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 5:17 PM By: RecceMinaj

I don't think that em meant it in a mean way because i read somewhere he supports gay marriage. Me personally i don't find it a big deal but i guess it depends on how you look at it.

4. Wolf Boy avatar

Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 6:06 PM By: Wolf Boy

Sigh, everyone listen the fuck up.....

Everyone who has a sense of humor will not get offended by this, why? because the song is tongue in cheek.
    This is Roman [who Nicki has already said is a GAY alter ego] and Slim [who we all know has a potty mouth and is a rude jerk]. It's a play on characters, it's a battle, it's not supposed to be taken literally.
    The fact that people can't see the irony in a gay alter ego taking on a questionably homophobic alter ego speaks volumes about how uptight people are.
    The song is hilarious.

Also, Eminem is not homophobic. He already spoke about this years ago and the guy even went out of his way to sing on stage with Elton John as a peace offering. His use of the word faggot may STILL be offensive to some, but it isn't used in the way other people use it. It's not meant to be a homophobic slur. If you can't look past that, than that's your problem.

As a gay guy, let me tell you, i fully support gay rights, but at the same time, a lot of gay rights campaigners can be a little sensitive. They have every right to be sensitive, but at the same time, not all gays take everything so seriously. Some do have a track record of getting offended by EVERYTHING, Nicki can't help that, some folks just love playing the victim.

The song is called ROMAN'S REVENGE, Roman who is gay goes mad on Slim, do people not understand the point of the song? hellloooo.

Lighten up.

My Blog: http://anomalyx.blogspot.com

5. AustraliaLovesNicki avatar

Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:46 AM By: AustraliaLovesNicki

Fuck, eminem isn't homophobic, just take a breath and relax!
    Do some research before you post something like this on here. Like the post above mine!
    Boycott a song are you serious?
    Let me rephrase that.
    Boycott Romans revenge ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND????
    I already memorized it LOL it aint going anywhere.
    Btw I agree that some gay people can be veryyyyyyyyyy sensitive, like your looking for homophobic remarks.
    Sorry just love the song hehe

6. Lisa avatar

Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 8:06 AM By: Lisa

I think we all know where Nicki stands on the issue. With eminem, I don't think he should be taken too literally, he has always thrown around the word faggot, but for crying out loud don't get so sensitive. It is slim shady, he's always trying to provoke, and I don't think anything on Pink Friday is homophobic. If it was, don't you think Nicki would have something to say about that?

7. DaGent avatar

Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 8:44 AM By: DaGent

Well damn you homos are fucking sensitive. damn. shut up cunt.
    ----------------------------------------------
    -Mose is.. [Handsome]
    Right Nicki ?

:)

8. Nicholas avatar

Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:58 PM By: Nicholas

Eminem is known for that and if you listen to Nicki's earlier stuff she says things like "you softer than them dudes with they wristes bent" and she also says "faggot" in her song, Dead Wrong. It's just seen as hard to diss gay people.
    @warholianglory

9. CakeWannaMiNAJ avatar

Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 4:52 AM By: CakeWannaMiNAJ

i think this is just Eminem being Eminem.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Twitter: www.twitter.com/CakeWannaMiNAJ
    Tumblr: http://cakewannaminaj.tumblr.com

10. AustraliaLovesNicki avatar

Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:12 AM By: AustraliaLovesNicki

Lisa, your comment is ridiculous "you softer than them dudes with there wrist bent?" read it over and over until you understand it. Guys who are loose wristed and flamboyant are soft/ act like little girls. How is that a diss when it's the truth, a fact. You DON'T have to act like that if your gay, neither is it instinctive.

And for you gays who take offense to anything the Queen says stop fucking whinging and man up.
    These guys give the word gay a bad name.

BTW Wolf Boy I agree with everything you said, you got it spot on.

11. Nicholas avatar

Re: HYPOCRISY of HOMOPHOBIC LYRICS on PINK FRIDAY

Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:50 AM By: Nicholas

AustraliaLovesNicki wrote:
    .And for you gays who take offense to anything the Queen says stop fucking whinging and man up.
    These guys give the word gay a bad name.

hahahahahah oh shiiiiiiiiit

12. Hugo avatar

Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:11 PM By: Hugo

Some of you guys sound retarded. I posted something like this a while back, although trying to be moderate and got the same responses. No use. I'm not trying to boycott Nicki. I think it just sucks that she let Em say whatever the fuck he wanted.

Fag is just a word. Just like n**ger, w*tback, ch*nk, b*aner, terrorist... keep going?

Point is, words have effects on people. Whether immediate or unconsciously. If YOU ALL did your research you would know that words reinforce social attitudes and norms. I love Nicki and all she stands for and what she speaks out on, but the girl did herself wrong.

Em ISNT EVEN THAT GOOD ANYMORE. Whatever, I'm over trying to convince people to think a little deeper. Also, for that one little girl who said that Gays need to man up and stop whining... tell that to those kids who killed themselves for being called the very words you think are ok to use. Tell it to those who were slaves. To those that were put into Japanese internment camps. The migrants who risk their lives to hopefully one day provide for their families.

I'm not calling for a boycott, I'm calling for responsibility and accountability to fans. Because we all know Nicki would be nowhere without her gays...

You honestly can't talk for all of us, either. You've never experienced being gay. Just like I will never experience being a girl, black, asian, white... anything. But at least don't be ignorant and let shit like this happen. It was HER album. She calls the shots. She should not have backed down just because of some pasty ass rapper. Come on.

13. AustraliaLovesNicki avatar

Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 6:53 PM By: AustraliaLovesNicki

Fuck are gays the only ones who commit suicide for being called words?
    And yes, if those slaves didn't man up there wouldn't be a free America right now. THEY'D STILL BE FUCKING SLAVES!
    How could you even think to compare being gay to being a slave or in a Japanese internment camp, see your one of those sensitive ones that make the REST OF "US" look bad. I'm not a little girl don't know why you would think that.

14. Merciful God Save Nicki I Pray To Thee! avatar

Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:33 PM By: Merciful God Save Nicki I Pray To Thee!

AustraliaLovesNicki wrote:
    Fuck are gays the only ones who commit suicide for being called words?
    And yes, if those slaves didn't man up there wouldn't be a free America right now. THEY'D STILL BE FUCKING SLAVES!
    How could you even think to compare being gay to being a slave or in a Japanese internment camp, see your one of those sensitive ones that make the REST OF "US" look bad. I'm not a little girl don't know why you would think that.[/My best friend was not gay ,he was amale who commited suicide and really who knows the actual reason but God we should celebrate their lives and love the differences we share with the living.]

MiniHarajukuBarbie

15. Hugo avatar

Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 6:57 AM By: Hugo

I AM ADMITTING to you that I KNOW I will never experience those things, yet I understand them well enough and have put my shoes in those positions and I have sympathy for all of that. WHY DO YOU THINK I BROUGHT THEM UP. It's not the same thing, but it can have the same connotations when you use words like that. Luckily, one can hide being gay in public. Blacks, Asians, Latinos etc. don't. I'm brown. I'm Latino, and I know what it feels like to be discriminated because of that as well. That's why I don't understand why you can just ignore the baggage that comes with a word. You know what During the time the word fag got popular, they were burning gay people, hanging them, lynching them... the thing is, people like Em don't say it in the same way.. THATS BAD because you become desensitized. As obvious with all of you being ok with it.

And don't fucking chastise me or call me out for drawing connections with other marginalized groups. Gays have been there when other groups were fighting for their rights, the civil rights movement, women's rights movements, farmers rights... so please, just don't.

If you guys want to continue letting words like this and others that were used in some hateful kind of way; then ignorance is bliss.

Sorry for the little girl comment, as well. That wasn't called for.

16. AustraliaLovesNicki avatar

Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 7:07 AM By: AustraliaLovesNicki

Damn man your so cryptic, I agree with half the stuff you say then disagree with the rest LOL.
    But yeah I get that it's hard, but it used to be a lot harder to be gay. I just thank god all we have to endure is words, when people in Arabia if they get caught get killed in quite possibly the worst way. They super glue there ass shut then induced diarrhea till it kills them. When I hear about stuff like that, the word 'fag' or 'faggot' doesn't phase me.

17. Prissy Barbie avatar

Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 9:05 AM By: Prissy Barbie

Half of alyuh needs to shut the hell up and stop being so sensitive....Being GAY isn't any big thing nowadays...matter a fact plenty people now are either fully gay or BI-sexual and who cares....its ur life live it as u please.

There is a old saying that goes.... ((Sticks and stones may break my bones but names (words) will never hurt me)) its just words dumb-ass.

Why ban a song just to please a minority....fuck that...gays ain't the only people in the world...get that straight. Some gay people need to stop being such cry babies.....most of us already welcomed and respected your sexual orientation...RELAX.

I call my friends hos, sluts, bitches, prostitutes....all the time (it means nothing....its just a stupid word). I don't know about the rest of people around here but I AIN'T GONNA TIP TOE AND WATCH MY WORDS AROUND NO ONE....if u r offended....go sit your cry baby ass in a corner and shut the fuck up!

18. Hugo avatar

Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:27 PM By: Hugo

Uhhhh...

I'm not a cry baby. I'm fucking thinking more than your shallow ass is.

:)

You have no idea what those words mean. It's sad. I'm not tryna be cryptic either. I do realize that I and a lot of others, have it a lot better when it comes to racial, sexual, and gender discrimination. But it's just gonna keep getting shoved back inside our heads and I don't think connotations fully ever go away. I am very thankful for the place that I live in and I recognize that. But these words are being used elsewhere, as you said, and justifying acts like killing people for who they are or their race or religious beliefs.

All those fucking ethnic wars in Europe and Africa are based off of these social structures that we use to make us fucking more divided and hated then we need to be. But yeah. I'm done.

Most of us were pretty civil about this and I'm glad we had an intelligent conversation about shit like this. I'm still not down with Em and his "contributions" to the song. But I still love Nicki and what she does. Point blank.

19. IZZY_BABYYY avatar

Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:44 PM By: IZZY_BABYYY

ROMANS REVENGE STILL REMAINSSS AS ONE MY FAVORITE SONG, IF NOT MY FAVORITE !!! AT THE END OF THE DAY IS JUST A SONG, IF EMINEM WAS DIRECTLY BEING RUDE TO GAYSS I DONT THINK THAT NICKI WOULD'VE ALLOWED IT......MAYBE TO YALL HE CROSSED THE LINE, BUT TO MEIT ALL WORKED ! CUZ I LOVE ROMANS REVENGE !! RUHHHH RUHHHHH
    NICKI-WAYNE-DRAKE ♥

20. Roman&Shady avatar

Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM By: Roman&Shady

Hugo wrote:
    Some of you guys sound retarded. I posted something like this a while back, although trying to be moderate and got the same responses. No use. I'm not trying to boycott Nicki. I think it just sucks that she let Em say whatever the fuck he wanted.

Fag is just a word. Just like n**ger, w*tback, ch*nk, b*aner, terrorist... keep going?

Point is, words have effects on people. Whether immediate or unconsciously. If YOU ALL did your research you would know that words reinforce social attitudes and norms. I love Nicki and all she stands for and what she speaks out on, but the girl did herself wrong.

Em ISNT EVEN THAT GOOD ANYMORE. Whatever, I'm over trying to convince people to think a little deeper. Also, for that one little girl who said that Gays need to man up and stop whining... tell that to those kids who killed themselves for being called the very words you think are ok to use. Tell it to those who were slaves. To those that were put into Japanese internment camps. The migrants who risk their lives to hopefully one day provide for their families.

I'm not calling for a boycott, I'm calling for responsibility and accountability to fans. Because we all know Nicki would be nowhere without her gays...

You honestly can't talk for all of us, either. You've never experienced being gay. Just like I will never experience being a girl, black, asian, white... anything. But at least don't be ignorant and let shit like this happen. It was HER album. She calls the shots. She should not have backed down just because of some pasty ass rapper. Come on.

i stopped reading this after you said eminem isnt that good anymore. tell that to his ten grammy nomination. lmfao
    Pink Friday 11/22/10

Newsletter Signup