VenusAsABoy avatar

SHOULD NICKI LEAVE YMCMB?!

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM By: VenusAsABoy

given all the issues we as fans have witnessed and experienced with YMCMB handling nicki's singles and tour, should she move to another label in the future?

share your thoughts. :D

hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

"i show these bitches how to do it."

Replies to this posting

1. KierstinNoelle avatar

RE: SHOULD NICKI LEAVE YMCMB?!

Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:09 PM By: KierstinNoelle

She definitely needs to leave YMCMB. No doubt she has loyalty to Lil Wayne, and disregard the fact that he SIGNED her, but Lil Wayne did NOT discover her. She was already hot before she met him as an underground rapper and had so many people listening to her music, granted that she's mainstream now, but I feel as if her camp is doing her dirty. For Lil Wayne not allowing her to have the tour she has been wanting to give HER fans and that she would headline by herself. I mean, we all saw how happy Nicki was when she would talk about her upcoming tour and the fact that she is now on a tour with Wayne is NOT fair. Lil Wayne knows how to deal his cards, because had he not have Nicki on this tour, he would not sell as great. The people WANT NICKI, more than Wayne. And I hate how because Drake's tour wasn't as successful as people wanted, that shouldn't mean shit!! Nicki's fanbase is larger than Drake's and Wayne's combined and is a movement within herself. I say as soon as her contract is up she needs to take her ass, bid farewell, and be the TRUE artist she wants to be without anything stopping her and sticking her in this tiny little box she's in already. And I agree, why is she only doing clubs still? Her still having to do clubs should feel like a slap in the face. She deserves so much more, soooo much more than what she has been given.
    11.22.10!

2. LuluLoves avatar

Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:30 PM By: LuluLoves

Hi Venus! Really glad you're open about questioning YM because I do too sometimes. YM right now are a 3-headed monster Nicki-Wayne-Drake. That works best for them but the others won't do as well as them at this rate. I think they don't have the best reputation right now and they need to step their cookies up! Why? Your reputation proceeds you: who wants to buy an album from a guy whose punchline was "i got her n!99a - grocery bag" I've heard them all spit better than the singles they've released and the album was basic compared to their skills. I also think Lil Chuck & Twist drag them down need to get back into school or something. The only ones that have proven themselves are Nicki, Wayne and Drake and after them, Tyga who has an album out soon.

One thing YM are good with is promotion but I also feel that they are too focused on being commercial and sales. Drake's debut album could have been amazing (it was good but limited) but they rushed him based on the hype from his latest mixtape and he knows that, that's why it's called "Thank Me Later" and the 2nd album will be called "Take Care"

As for Nicki I feel like her singles could have been handled better for sure, and they need to give her more towards the video budget too. I don't know much about the tour. She has one of the best deals in YM it seems but she is in a lot of ways above them. She might be under a contract that obliges her to x amount of albums but I wouldn't be surprised if she did her own label a few years down the line.

3. SamanthaLaurynnn avatar

Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 11:03 PM By: SamanthaLaurynnn

I sometimes forget she's even apart of YMCMB..
    So I agree with those who are saying she should she branch off.
    I think she would do just fine with another label.
    I don't think people see her as just a female rapper from YM.
    She's so much more than that.
    Personally, I think if Wayne hadn't discovered her, she still would be just as big as she is now.

4. billiegunz avatar

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 12:20 AM By: billiegunz

I will put it like this lil wayne did not make her, he signed her there is a different. So leaving YMCMB won't break her. But Nicki seems like a business woman who is all about the bottom line so the only way i see her leaving the label is if they start messing with her money. Other than that i don't see her going anywhere. Now with that said her and Drake really do stick out like a sore thumb in young money. You can tell they are cut from a different cloth.

5. moneymandy avatar

Re: SHOULD NICKI LEAVE YMCMB?!

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM By: moneymandy

noooo .

6. moneymandy avatar

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 1:30 AM By: moneymandy
  7. Chaaych avatar

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 5:32 AM By: Chaaych

I Think Nicki Should Stay With Them or a While..
    She Was Made Mainstream Because Of Wayne and She Grew Up Under Him.
    She Should Think Of Starting Her Own Label As Her Fan Base Continues To Expand At An Alarming Rate!
    Barbie Biatch!' x

8. Chaaych avatar

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 5:34 AM By: Chaaych

But Then Again, That Would Be SOO Disloyal And Unleash The Haters..
    But Who Gives A FUCK Bout Themm?
    Barbie Biatch!' x

9. laurenthayer avatar

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 7:51 AM By: laurenthayer

young money is still a new label and they dont know how to handle their artists fame. At one time joining ym was completely the right decision for nicki, wayne gave her a lot of exposure that she needed that at time. But now she`s getting really big, and they dont know how to handle that especially with two other super popular artists on their roster.

10. EbonyRiann avatar

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 9:20 AM By: EbonyRiann

Simply? NO!
    YMCMB is her family, her roots, her starting post. Being part of them is'nt doing her career any harm, in fact i think it's giving her more opportunities. YMCMB forever man! :L xx
    EbonyRiann

11. PlatinumFriday avatar

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:02 PM By: PlatinumFriday

moneymandy wrote:
    that would be very disloyal .
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg1pa8Zdol1qaisok.gif

were you saying the same thing when she left "dirty money"?

-im that young queens bitch w|that [P L A T I N U M] sound.

12. PRETTY iiN PiiNK avatar

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 9:34 PM By: PRETTY iiN PiiNK

NOOO!! SHE YOUNG MONEY TO THE DEATH OF HER ;)
    I'm the mothafuckin' boss, overwrite. :D

13. PlatinumFriday avatar

Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:07 PM By: PlatinumFriday

Beyond this point if you add something can you not say its "disloyal" & add something of substance to the conversation? Im sure the question poster would appreciate it as well.
    -im that young queens bitch w|that [P L A T I N U M] sound.

14. Minajsecurity avatar

Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:45 PM By: Minajsecurity

Hell no. Young Money is just right for Nicki in so many ways. Her singles are doing good and most new artist don't headline big tours. It's just the way it is. There are no issues right now. As far as the future goes, who really knows what the future holds. Live for the moment.
    Nicki minaj is who you aint fuckin wit!

15. sexybaby12 avatar

Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:29 PM By: sexybaby12

No way,she shouldn't leave we love Y☺u there

16. IDareUBambi avatar

Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 11:50 AM By: IDareUBambi

She needs to leave.

I think her career is going over their heads a this point. She's become too successful for them to handle.

She needs to go to a major label, no rap labels. Epic, Columbia, Interscope, e.t.c.

17. J Lethal avatar

Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM By: J Lethal

I disagree with everyone saying she should leave, & that she will. She seems happy where she's at, & she's seen A LOT of success thus far with YMCMB. To be honest, I do feel there are some things they could've done better business wise (not only with Nicki) but truthfully, I'd rather give them a chance to evolve & progress than to say that Nicki & the other artists should leave the label. I doubt she will anyway.

18. KathyLovesNicki avatar

Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM By: KathyLovesNicki

noo way should she leave YMCMB! Nicki is perfect there! I love that label! Young Money has helped Nicki right from the bottom and taken her all the way to the top, Nicki absoloutley LOVES being at that label.. she said so herself... and she hasn't became too sucessful for them too handle...if she reaches Lil Waynes level maybe then, she should think twiceee but it doesn't look like Nicki will be going anywhere because Nicki has said that she 'couldn't be paid to be with a different label'..... YMCMB!
    Looks like she'll be there for a
    Lovekathy (:

19. sofargone avatar

Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:15 AM By: sofargone

Whoa, this topic is mad old.

Yes.

20. DJ Lewinski avatar

Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM By: DJ Lewinski

Poochie_McGucci wrote:
    Yes. Her talents and potential are far more deep than that label. She is a superstar, that is a label for stars trailing behind Wayne. They never promote her singles right, and 'Right Thru Me' should have been FAR more successful. Proof, every feature she does is promoted correctly because of the Artist's label and team, but her team fucks her over, in my opinion.

i agree we her fans promote her stuff better... like what about were dem girlz at? thats an amazing song but like no one got behind it.... and we post more news in the forums alot of the time then the main page...
    They call me Lewinski

Newsletter Signup