Ashley RealGirl avatar

NICKI USE YOUR POWERS FOR GOOD

Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:29 AM By: Ashley RealGirl

Im a fan of good music just like any good person is. I appreciate all artists for their individual talents except for maybe rebecca black... lol. Buuuut everybody is making a circus out of hip hop. Can't musical artists with such influential words such as Nicki speak about something other than themselves. How about you speak about something that matters in the world. Even if doing so sacrifices some money or fans, its better than being a self centered artist. I appreciate music like Erykah Badu, (used to) lil wayne, Common, Mac Dre, and Andre Nickitina. Sorry Nicki but your music is for the self centered, naive and spoiled American with no conscience of a higher level of thinking. And you'll probably never read this because this website is just an idea for you to see the scale of your customers, and even if you did see this the chances of you changing or even responding to me are entirely miniscule due to the fact that you dont really give a damn, youre "making paper". And youre right, all it is that you make is little pieces of paper; you dont make any long lasting changes using your music that benefit anyone but yourself and your ego and your "stacks o' paper". And thats how you'll leave this world, with your ego and your "stacks o' paper". But please don't listen, just observe every other star that died in vain.

Replies to this posting

1. sofargone avatar

RE: NICKI USE YOUR POWERS FOR GOOD

Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 6:54 PM By: sofargone

You might get a lot of opposition for your post, but I respect what you're trying to say. I think you're a little off the mark with Nick though. She does care--a lot. The business that she's in is about smoke and mirrors and she has to play the game. She is so much more than "making paper". Stick around for a while and keep an open mind. I'm sure your perspective will change.

2. LiZZiE D. avatar

Re: NICKI USE YOUR POWERS FOR GOOD

Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 7:28 PM By: LiZZiE D.

This saddens me.
    I can see why you say this but I don't think this is wrong of Nicki. She just hit her pique and remember if she wins we're ALL getting meetings. You have a valid point but I'm definitely moving on.

Sorry but, its what everyone wants. How much is Common & Erykah selling in comparison to Nicki? I can't blame her if this is the case & if anything shes teaching all Barbz to do the same; get that paper! Whats so wrong with that? She has a family and a future to think of & this is just the beginning. She just may surprise the world [ again ] .

3. sofargone avatar

RE: Re: NICKI USE YOUR POWERS FOR GOOD

Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:09 PM By: sofargone

LiZZiE D. wrote:
    How much is Common & Erykah selling in comparison to Nicki?

CDs or shows? I don't know about Common but I'm a big fan of Erykah and she is always on tour. I believe she said she tours 8 months out the year. Almost all recording artists will tell you there's money in touring. So many people get caught up in who sells the most records and who gets the most spins at radio, but it doesn't matter how many records you sell or how many times your song gets played (and it's all promotion anyway) if you can't take your show on the road. Luckily, Nicki doesn't have that problem. It's why she was able to do so well before she got to this point. Record sales are nothing. It's all about having a loyal fan base who is willing to come see you on the road. Nicki has the best of both worlds right now, but even if she didn't she'd still be able to eat even if her record fell off Billboard forever. To me, that's the true measure of success.

4. VenusAsABoy avatar

Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 10:41 AM By: VenusAsABoy

GORL, BAH.

it's snooty ass musical "purists" like yourself that inhibit creativity and evolution WITHIN the urban community.

hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

"i show these bitches how to do it."

5. IlyNIC avatar

Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:51 AM By: IlyNIC

I think its pretty ridiculous of someone to come on the nicki minaj fan page and trash her craft. i mean. do you not have a life? i'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion, but why do it on her website strictly for her FANS (well STANS)? Its. just. stupid. your being the bully for no reason. if you dont like our HB that much, make your own website about it, or start your own blog on blogster or something. dont come to her site for her barbz and ken barbz. have a nice day. #pointless
    Dolly Lama

6. IlyNIC avatar

Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM By: IlyNIC

VenusAsABoy wrote:
    GORL, BAH.

it's snooty ass musical "purists" like yourself that inhibit creativity and evolution WITHIN the urban community.
    hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

"i show these bitches how to do it."

i agree(:
    Dolly Lama

7. GLO The Ghost avatar

Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM By: GLO The Ghost

Nicki is looking out for herself and her family, as well as partaking in charitable activities. Nicki has nothing to prove to you. If she was an earthy, soulful, socially aware rapper people like you would find something else to complain about. Nicki cannot please everyone, she's human just like you and me. Get over it and go support the artist that fit into your box please. :)
    GIFSoup

"I just swerve on em' sorta like I missed dat deer" ~Nicki Minaj

8. xoBarbieMina avatar

Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 9:39 AM By: xoBarbieMina

Nicki is using her "powers" for GOOD, if you actually followed her music and her life you would see past some of her lyrics and REALIZE that that isn't ALL of who Nicki is, she is NOT ONE-sided. Nicki has stated numerous times that she is having fun w/ her music and NOT to take her too seriously. She does not need to 'REACH' the world w/ her music, she does not need to teach peoples children 'manners' and 'respect' they should be taught by their parents. Your argument that you are trying to make is INVALID.
    ITS PINK FRIDAY HOEEEEE

9. mikethamonsta avatar

Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 10:04 AM By: mikethamonsta

Ok, I'm going to try to remain unbiased because I'm a fan of both conscious rappers, Neo-soul singers, as well as artists like Nicki & Drake (it's called being eclectic).

I do hope Nicki steps away from the cliche topics of relationship woes and shock from fame that is the new hot topic to rap about, but I think many people miss the point of Pink Friday. From the production to subject matter, the purpose of Pink Friday was to gain mass crossover appeal and show that female rap can be marketable in 2010/11. So instead of the bottom-up (no pun) approach of trying to crossover for the 2nd album, she could very well be using the top-down approach, which is to bait the fans in, then slip messages in. While most Hip Hop and R&B artists use the bottom-up approach, Pop artists always tend to use the top-down approach. Janet did it, Madonna did it, Pink did it, Christina Aguliera, Michael Jackson, TLC, and the list goes on of artists who waited until their fan bases grew to sneak in socially relevant issues.

Nicki is someone who has dealt with drug abuse and violence in the home, she has a large gay following, and she has spoken on issues such as education, uplifting women, suicide, and environmentalism in past and recent interviews. It's totally fair to predict that these issues may reflect in her music in the future NOW since everybody is listening. I love my conscious rappers, but their music isn't getting to the masses, so MAYBE they can take a lesson from the girl who has millions listening and watching her every move.

10. #2barbie avatar

Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:47 AM By: #2barbie

im not goin to dissi u i will simply say this nicki makes the music #teamminaj want to hear self-centered ness goes out the window win u listen to the storys of #teamminaj an how songs like moment for life, save me, catch me, can any body hear me, still i rise, and so on have really "saved them" and me right along with nicki's story thats all i have to say
    i sign boobs now #ITZ NAE NAE BITCH

11. Rushing avatar

Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 1:57 PM By: Rushing

mikethamonsta wrote:
    Ok, I'm going to try to remain unbiased because I'm a fan of both conscious rappers, Neo-soul singers, as well as artists like Nicki & Drake (it's called being eclectic).

I do hope Nicki steps away from the cliche topics of relationship woes and shock from fame that is the new hot topic to rap about, but I think many people miss the point of Pink Friday. From the production to subject matter, the purpose of Pink Friday was to gain mass crossover appeal and show that female rap can be marketable in 2010/11. So instead of the bottom-up (no pun) approach of trying to crossover for the 2nd album, she could very well be using the top-down approach, which is to bait the fans in, then slip messages in. While most Hip Hop and R&B artists use the bottom-up approach, Pop artists always tend to use the top-down approach. Janet did it, Madonna did it, Pink did it, Christina Aguliera, Michael Jackson, TLC, and the list goes on of artists who waited until their fan bases grew to sneak in socially relevant issues.

Nicki is someone who has dealt with drug abuse and violence in the home, she has a large gay following, and she has spoken on issues such as education, uplifting women, suicide, and environmentalism in past and recent interviews. It's totally fair to predict that these issues may reflect in her music in the future NOW since everybody is listening. I love my conscious rappers, but their music isn't getting to the masses, so MAYBE they can take a lesson from the girl who has millions listening and watching her every move.

----------------------------------------------------------

Your ENTIRE post just summed up my feelings on this matter. Great post.

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped"
    - Elbert Hubbard

12. Killuminati2paceminem avatar

Sat, May 7, 2011 at 7:44 PM By: Killuminati2paceminem

DolliePop wrote:
    I think its pretty ridiculous of someone to come on the nicki minaj fan page and trash her craft. i mean. do you not have a life? i'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion, but why do it on her website strictly for her FANS (well STANS)? Its. just. stupid. your being the bully for no reason. if you dont like our HB that much, make your own website about it, or start your own blog on blogster or something. dont come to her site for her barbz and ken barbz. have a nice day. #pointless
    Dolly Lama

how is he being a bully sometimes all she do is rap bout her paperz but i still love ha
    killuminati me against the world

13. Webkidd avatar

Sat, May 7, 2011 at 8:57 PM By: Webkidd

this person is a real loser for going through the trouble of making an account just to bash nicki! like my girl up there said, GORL BAH!
    " A sea full of sharks and they all smell blood!"

14. Romangotrevengezolanski avatar

Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 5:25 PM By: Romangotrevengezolanski

mikethamonsta wrote:

roman (warrior)^^

15. PinkBARB_Minaj avatar

Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 12:37 AM By: PinkBARB_Minaj

BarbieCentral wrote:
    Nicki is using her "powers" for GOOD, if you actually followed her music and her life you would see past some of her lyrics and REALIZE that that isn't ALL of who Nicki is, she is NOT ONE-sided. Nicki has stated numerous times that she is having fun w/ her music and NOT to take her too seriously. She does not need to 'REACH' the world w/ her music, she does not need to teach peoples children 'manners' and 'respect' they should be taught by their parents. Your argument that you are trying to make is INVALID.
    ITS PINK FRIDAY HOEEEEE

Cosign

16. Jasminx avatar

Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 12:53 PM By: Jasminx

I think everyone is taking this wayyyyy to seriously. People don't go into bakeries or butchers and tell them instead of selling stuff to people they should be sending it to poor countries lol. If you like Nicki's music, which I do, listen do it. If you don't, listen to something else. It's only music guys! :) Just have fun! I hope you don't take everything this seriously! xx

17. Saxon avatar

Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:05 PM By: Saxon

I understand where u are coming from.

You're right.Nicki is "Getting Paper" which only makes sense since she use to live in a time where she had none,and had to watch her biggest influence (her mother) struggle to maintain any.I'm pretty sure that's why she is so focused on getting her money.She has said before,she want's to be able to get her brother in to college so that he does not think it is impossible,she want's to be able to move her mom into a house of her own without having to watch her mother struggle (and she did,she bought her mom a new house)

Yeah she is getting alot of money (300,000 for the Trinidad show) but we don't know how much of that money is going towards family members college tution's or materialstic things so we can't say she's self centered if we don't know for a fact that all she spends her money on is materialstic thing's but we do know for a fact that she is giving back to the family that raised her.

In her defense,the song I'm The Best reflects on "Stuff That Matters"

*I remember when i couldnt buy my mother a couch
    Now i'm sitting at the closing bought my mother a house
    You could never understand why i grind like i do
    mikiyah and gulani why i grind like i do"

And song's like Save Me,Here I Am,Fly and Dear Old Nicki don't relfect the personality of someone that is "Self-centered*

18. DJ Lewinski avatar

Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:56 PM By: DJ Lewinski

for one your about the dumbest bitch i know... if you dont like nicki minaj fine stay off this site. we dont need to hear your bullshit. nicki are the most about her fans she takes time to talk to us all the time. the reason we are on this site is to support her and to know the latest happennings in her life with music and other stuff. we are here to talk to others who love nicki. We share how Nicki gives us hope and make us wanna live our dreams. nicki is the most real artist i know. shes sweet and kind.... and obviously you dont know what your talkin about cuz if you knew nicki like us then you would understand. your just ignorent and wanna hate cuz shes bad. so i think your wasting your time on here. so go get a life and actually listen to her lyrics!
    They call me Lewinski

19. DollyLama-Bustitbarbie avatar

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 7:33 AM By: DollyLama-Bustitbarbie

i think u got this wrong its not self centered its called self esteem n knowing ur worth im not an American and i appreciate her music..she is the best female rapper of our generation n u probably just listen to a few of her song and came to that conclusion...i have been listening to her since she was on mix tapes her flow is sick n her lyrics are tight. Go Nicki no1 can stop your shine keep doing your thing...

Newsletter Signup