brittbreezy avatar

Nicki Minaj "Nappy Headed Hoe" Comment Disrespectful

Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:00 PM By: brittbreezy

I feel like Nicki Minaj need's to stop saying nappy headed hoe that sh*** is veruy disrespectful I love Nicki, and unlike other I like the song "stupid hoe" but the "nappy headed hoe" comment she made more than once is disrespectful to naturals and disresptful to black women, and men.

Alot of young girls look up to Nicki and are going to feel they need to Perm thier hair and they don't, you shouldn't have to chemically change something you were born with if you don't have too, and without those wigs and weaves Nicki wears her hair will be naturally curly.

She needs to watch what she say's that is all

Replies to this posting

1. Trini avatar

Re: Nicki Minaj

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM By: Trini

I am being honest when I say this, I felt a little disrespected as well. I am all natural as well, I do not have a weave or straighteners in my hair. Nicki is mixed with Indian and African, in Trinidad we call them 'douglas'. Their hair is soft and curly and grows long. Kinda like a kid mixed with black and white. Hence the term 'good hair'. Except that Nicki's hair is more coarse, but it still grows long.

So when she said nappy headed hoes, I felt a lil bit slighted, even though I know she doesn't mean to insult me and my heritage.
    However, I grew to know Nicki more and listen to her flow and style. What Nicki does is drop punchlines. She si the master of punchlines. There is no other rapper, male or female who drops punchlines like she does.

Remember when she dropped that Romney punchline, everyone was up in arms. Until Obama tweeted he didn't believe the hype. Come on, did we really need the President to tell us what she really meant?

Safe to say I no longer feel the way I did at first, she is a lyricist and will say things that's witty and catch and that will make you sit up and notice. I do not think she is calling black women nappy headed hoes because she has good hair or because she hates the natural look. I think nappy headed hoes is a tasteless but clever metaphor.

Newsletter Signup