wade(ctrl) avatar

EVERYTHING VIP

Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM By: wade(ctrl)

Please post any questions, comments, or anything that has to do with a VIP package here!

Replies to this posting

1. Barbie Britney™ avatar

VIP!

Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 9:54 AM By: Barbie Britney™

I have VIP for the Atlanta show on July 22 & I am stoked, despite the negative feedback. I have hope in Nicki and her crew that they will deliver a GREAT experience! While I feel so sad for those who were not satisfied, I have faith. I'll make sure nothing brings me down that day! Meeting Nicki, even if it's just for a minute, will be BREATHTAKING! Xoxo :)

2. Gemma_x avatar

Re: EVERYTHING VIP

Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM By: Gemma_x

Benicus wrote:
    Gemma_x wrote:
    Hey mod do you know when the last day to buy M&G for Dublin is?

They are up for sale until they sell out.

So technically if there's still some left the day before the concert I could get one?

3. Benicus avatar

Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 5:04 PM By: Benicus Moderator

Gemma_x wrote:
    Benicus wrote:
    Gemma_x wrote:

They are up for sale until they sell out.

So technically if there's still some left the day before the concert I could get one?

Ground Ctrl deal with the selling of VIP upgrades so I would double check with them. Go to support.groundctrl.com where you can contact them regarding this.

4. izabelle avatar

RE: EVERYTHING VIP

Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 11:16 PM By: izabelle

HEY GROUND CONTROL! YOU WOULD WANT TO ANSWER YOUR PHONES, ITS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO OFFER ME A REFUND OF $500 BEFORE CONSUMER AFFAIRS GETS INVOLVED!

5. Benicus avatar

Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:53 AM By: Benicus Moderator

izabelle wrote:
    HEY GROUND CONTROL! YOU WOULD WANT TO ANSWER YOUR PHONES, ITS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO OFFER ME A REFUND OF $500 BEFORE CONSUMER AFFAIRS GETS INVOLVED!

If you are trying to contact them on a weekend, then there won't be anyone to take your call.
    Phone lines are open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm PST. Or, you can contact them online at support.groundctrl.com

6. wade(ctrl) avatar

Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM By: wade(ctrl) Moderator

Gemma_x wrote:

VIP sales close 48 hours PRIOR to the event!

7. TheRingleader avatar

Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM By: TheRingleader

I'm honestly losing excitement to meet Nicki in Ohio now.

This same thing happened to me last year when I bought VIP for her show in Buffalo for the I Am Still Music Tour. Nicki came late and although she was nice and we got our autographs, we were grouped in with a bunch of people we don't know. It was ridiculous. They also said stuff like don't touch her etc. but honestly, my girlfriend and I asked her for a hug and asked her for an autograph and she said fine and was so sweet. It was more so Nicki's people than it was Nicki herself.

When I called and complained to GRND CTRL last year they basically said you got your photo with Nicki and it depends on the time. What I didn't get was some people that night got solo pictures with her and I didn't understand why they had a double standard.

I would honestly recommend everyone here calling them and letting them know because it is unacceptable. If they are rushing too much before the show they should do it after and at least let people get the VIP experience they deserve and pay for. I also think Nicki should be aware of that too.

ANYWAYS, going forward, I hope it isn't like this for her show in Ohio as we are driving like 5 hours to go see her because she's not coming to Toronto. I hope if anything they let us take a solo picture with her even if its just me and my girlfriend.

You would think they would've learned from the first time they did the M&G.

Anyways hope everyone else has a good experience and my sympathies go out to all y'all that didn't :(.

8. Gemma_x avatar

Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM By: Gemma_x

wade(ctrl) wrote:
    Gemma_x wrote:

VIP sales close 48 hours PRIOR to the event!

Thank you, exactly the info I was looking for!

9. Nickiminajfanxx avatar

TICKITS

Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM By: Nickiminajfanxx

I'm from the netherlands! I Will 2 tickets VIP for the netherland! So my question is.. Who have 2 tickets for me? Mail me!

I hope so much

Xx NickiMinajFanxx

10. DDF Danser avatar

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM By: DDF Danser

Nickiminajfanxx wrote:
    I'm from the netherlands! I Will 2 tickets VIP for the netherland! So my question is.. Who have 2 tickets for me? Mail me!

I hope so much

Xx NickiMinajFanxx

The VIP Tickets for the netherlands are soled out:

http://www.mypinkfriday.com/events/95501

11. minka avatar

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM By: minka

When can we see the photos of M&G in Japan?? already 2 weeks have passed... :(

12. FILLYMINAJ92 avatar

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM By: FILLYMINAJ92

SionainnMinaj wrote:
    I'm so disappointed M&G's haven't gone well. I'm going to Nickis 2nd date in london and I'm NOT lookin forward to the M&G anymore :(. Someone please tell me they've got better? xoxoxo
    Sionainn 'Minaj' Carmichael Bitchhhhh.

Oh my god, you're going on the 25th! Me too! I'm quite nervous about this whole thing.

13. immikeeey avatar

EVERYTHING VIP Q

Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 2:18 AM By: immikeeey

So, I was wondering... my friend bought me my ticket with his credit card, but I paid for my own VIP upgrade... so I was wondering, since I have to be there earlier than him, will I need just MY card for proof of my VIP upgrade package, or will I need both of us there for proof of purchases of my ticket and for proof of my VIP upgrade package? HELP! :)

14. Benicus avatar

Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 4:14 AM By: Benicus Moderator

immikeeey wrote:
    So, I was wondering... my friend bought me my ticket with his credit card, but I paid for my own VIP upgrade... so I was wondering, since I have to be there earlier than him, will I need just MY card for proof of my VIP upgrade package, or will I need both of us there for proof of purchases of my ticket and for proof of my VIP upgrade package? HELP! :)

When you purchased your VIP ticket, you should've given a name for collection at the Will Call point. You'll need ID with your name printed on it in order to collect your VIP Upgrade, and you may also be asked to produce your normal concert ticket too. Hope that makes sense.

15. bronzer7 avatar

Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM By: bronzer7

Apologies for the length of this, but I thought it might be helpful to layout how the entire VIP Meet and Greet process worked for the Oslo show, in hopes that it helps others who also feel there is a slight lack of information, or who have also been scared by some negative experiences other users have had. Our experience is exclusive to the Oslo show and, obviously, may not be applicable to others.

The information process is a tad lacking before the event itself. GroundCtrl says that it will contact your via event page or email with details about the meeting time, place and what to expect. They say this will happen, at the latest, 48hrs before the show. However, this was not the experience we had. We did not recieve an email until the day before the show, and GroundCtrl did not provide the box office with any information, so they were unable to help when we called.

Once we recieved the email we were told to og to the box office to collect our VIP passes by no later than 6pm (keeping in mind that the main doors to the show opened at 6:30 for the public). We needed photo ID and were able to get the passes by about 5:30 after standing in a queue. Our passes actually ended up being special wristbands and we were given a second set of tickets, which may have just been box office error. Everyone was sent to a side door to wait for them to let us in at around 6pm. There were about 30 people with VIP tickets.

When they let us inside it was the venue security leading us around. We were searched, given lanyards, and then told to wait. They said they were unsure if we would do the meet and greet before or after the show. We only sat around for about 10 minutes before they told us to go into the arena and that if it was to be after the show, to meet by the side of the stage. We were the first ones in giving us an opportunity to be in the front row. We went directly over to the merch table and buy a tshirt SUPER quick, before we realised they opened the doors for the public at the same time, not giving us a chance to get water, use the toilet, or do anything other than hand over cash and run back to the front to try to reclaim our spots (we lost our spots, and had to settle for the sides of the stage, instead of middle). It seemed that the meet and greet would NOT be happening before the show, and that we just needed to sit tight.

The show was great, but I won’t give any spoilers, so that you can experience it for yourself!

After the show we all met over by the side of the stage. Some security guards sent us over to some steps to wait and not move from those spots. A couple of people asked if they could go over to the merch table to get things, as there was no opportunity before the show, but they were told ’no,’ that we needed to stay on the steps because they were dismanteling the stage and they were unsure when we would be let backstage (ie. no time). This also seemed to apply to going to the bathroom, getting water, etc.

After a while they sent up her head of security who laid out the ground rules and explained how the meet and greet would work. This was explained in English, though it seemed as though there would be someone who could probably translate if you didn’t understand. The rules generally were as follows:

- No sudden movements around Nicki. No reaching for something in your pockets or anything that would make security fear for her safety.
    - No hugging or touching unless she initiates or says it is okay.
    - No asking for things to be signed. She must offer to sign something.
    - No bringing a dozen things to be signed for yourself, friends, cousins, etc. It’s rude.
    - No taking pictures with your own cameras or phones.
    - You may take a picture either individually or with a friend, but not a million combinations of people (just takes too long!).

There were some other minor rules but most of it was pretty much common sense things that you can imagine security would be concerned about. They also mentioned that lithographs would be mailed to us separately.

At some point while we were waiting someone from backstage came out and asked if we had any CD booklets that we wanted signed. They took them backstage, and brought them out again, signed.

Eventually we went backstage and waited in a queue to meet Nicki. We had to place all of our items we had with us on a table (including anything we might want signed) before going up to say hello and have our pictures taken.

Nicki herself was INCREDIBLY lovely. She was very friendly with everyone, gave hugs and often automatically put her arm around people during pictures. She asked what item you would like signed and you were able to grab it from the table. She made everyone feel very welcome and did her best to make it as ’not awkward’ as possible. One important thing to mention was that she signed in a pink sharpie, so pink items you would want signed may not be the best choice.

In total each meet and greet would last around a minute or so, which is pretty standard (even generous, I would say) based on previous meet and greets I have attended for different artists.

There were a few pros and cons I wanted to highlight, in the hopes that GroundCtrl or Nicki’s management and security would read this or take into account for the future.

Pros:

- Early entry to the venue so we could get front floor spots was of HUGE benefit. In fact, I would say that was one of the most important things included in the package for me. Others had to wait outside for 9-10 hours to get front spots, and the opportunity for front row is something I believe should be standard for a VIP experience. Big thumbs up for that!

- Meet and Greet at the end was very beneficial as I didn’t feel we were pressed for time or worried about getting good standing spots, would be a concern if the meet and greet were to be before the concert.

- Ease of picking up VIP wristbands at the box office day of. This prevents us from accidentally losing them ourselves, them getting lost in the mail, or from them being sold to someone else.

- Small group size of around 30.

Cons:

- Lack of information ahead of the event. Previous meet and greets I have attended sent an information sheet or two (via email) of general security rules and what to expect, with the meeting place/time given a week in advance. One days notice about the time can be very difficult for those who work and have to take time off or do not have the time to chase down information last minute.

- Complete lack of time to use the toilets, get water, or buy merchandise before the start (or at the end) of the show. Hardly anybody with the VIP passes managed to get anything from the merchandise table that was in the front row, as their simply wasn’t time. In addition, the opportunity to get water, buy merch, or use the toilets before (or after) the show should hardly seem like a VIP privelage. The only opportunity for these things was if you did not stand at the front and thus did not have to worry about losing your spot. We were only given about a 1 minute head start on those who came in from the outside. It would seem of benefit to allow VIP pass holders to have early, easy access to merchandise, as it is likely that those who spend more for VIP tickets may also want to spend money on official tour gear. I also understand not wanting people to wander off to get things, but after spending hours in a hot crowd where people were dropping like flies, I was ready to hit the floor myself without water.

- Two sets of tickets. It MAY have just been box office error, but I am unsure why we were issued another set of tickets when picking up our wristbands. Leaves the possibility of the customer feeling cheated (having purchased another set of tickets already, per instructions online), or allow some customers to sell off their tickets to people or scalpers standing around. Probably not good, either way.

Overall, we had a fantastic time. We purchased the tickets as a way to celebrate a special occasion, and had a blast! We found that the benefits were definitely worth the cost, especially the opportunity to get to the front of the stage early (we’re not all teenagers who have the sort of expendable time, or patience, to wait in a queue all day). If Nicki ever has a tour stop in Oslo again we would definitely buy the VIP tickets again, no question.

16. RachelMinaj avatar

Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:05 AM By: RachelMinaj

Hey bronzer7, that sounds like an amazing experience!!! I'm really glad things seem to be getting better and that you enjoyed yourself!!

I'm excited to hear that the last couple M&Gs have been after the show...this definitely gives Nicki more time with her fans, and also more time to get ready for the show!!

Did they say when your photos would be up on the website?

Also, that's a bit crap about the merchandise, but I suppose it's not the end of the world...I'd really like to buy some stuff though but don't want to risk not being front row!! Also, is there a tour programme at all?

I'm going to two tour dates, 1 of them M&G. I'm so excited now :D Thank you for your review!!

17. charl240 avatar

Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:40 AM By: charl240

Your M&G sounds good , what time after the show was it , I went to Rihannas meet and greet last year didnt get out of the arena till gone 1.30am ! that was a bit annoying i looked so tired on the photo , but that was due to Rihanna performing late etc

Is anyone going to the Birmingham show ?

CharleyHxD

18. TheRingleader avatar

Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM By: TheRingleader

bronzer, your review sounds great. it sounds like how it should be. hopefully grnd ctrl has read some of the comments here and strive to improve each meet and greet.

i think its better if its done after the show so its not as rushed.

:) makes me feel a bit better. hopefully it continues this way.

glad you had a good time :D

19. bronzer7 avatar

Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM By: bronzer7

rachelminaj:

Glad I could be of some help.

I think I saw some sort of tour programme there, but I didn't get a very good look, tbh. I think there were wristbands, about 6 or so tshirts to pick from (two with tour dates, the rest without), two posters, and a few other things. We really only had time to grab the first tshirt with tour dates we saw and quick hand over cash.

They said they would give us details about where/when to find the photos, but they seemed to forget (as did we). However, I assume they will be up online at some point and it's not going to put me out checking every once in a while.

charl240:

The doors to the main venue opened at 6:30. I'm not 100% positive when she took the stage, but I think it was around 9. I know that we were out of there before 11, as we rolled up to our favourite bar after the show by that point :p However, it all varies greatly by city. London, for example, has very strict regulations on what time concerts must be done by, or else the performer gets fined a LOT of money for each additional minute the show goes past 11pm. Hence big stories you hear about Madonna and Rihanna being fined. I wouldn't bet that meet and greets aren't covered under that though, so no guarantees they'll heed to that

20. Jonglass002 avatar

Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM By: Jonglass002

awesome review. Is there a different site they put the m&g pictures on?

Newsletter Signup